5 Strategies To Change Your Mindset
1. Identify and challenge negative thoughts: Becoming aware of your negative thoughts is the first step to changing your mindset. Whenever you notice yourself thinking negatively, challenge those thoughts and replace them with more positive and realistic ones. You can do this by telling yourself to stop! You can say this to yourself or out loud. From there you can say is this true, is this kind, and is it helpful.
2. Practice positive affirmations: Positive affirmations are statements that you repeat to yourself in order to encourage positive thinking. Choose positive statements that you can repeat to yourself whenever you feel negative thoughts creeping in.
3. Take time to relax: This is easier said than done as I'm sure that you know. Stress and anxiety can lead to a negative mindset. Taking time for yourself to relax and do something that you enjoy can help to shift your mindset to a more positive place. You should by no means be positive 24/7 because then it's possible that you can move into the toxic positivity space, which honestly defeats the whole purpose. As a person your moods will change and shift and your mindset will be impacted by this. How do you relax? Can you remember the last time that you did?
4. Surround yourself with people that do not drain your energy: Being around positive people can help to change your mindset. Make sure to spend time with those who motivate and encourage you, and limit the time you spend with those who bring you down.
5. Movement: Movement and exercise is a great way to boost your mood and help to shift your mindset. Even just 10 minutes of movement can help to release endorphins, which can help you to feel happier and more positive.